Friday, November 7, 2014

We were given a step-by-step assignment that taught us how to create an HTML page. I've already made a web page before and have some previous experience with programming, so it was a nice refresher. But I took it a step further and, because the instructions were simple enough, I let my little sister take a look at the assignment and try it out. She had a lot of fun with it. Some of the programming codes were difficult for her to get, like changing background colors, inserting an image, or making words move across the page, so I had to help her and guide her through it. It was fun though. It even got her more interested in programming too. The reason I'm pointing this out is because it made me realize how much technology has influenced the newer generation. My sister's in sixth grade but she got the hang of making HTML web pages instantly because she already has been exposed to so much technologies in her life. It took a lot longer for me to get the hang of coding when I was first learning it because I didn't play video games or do anything with computers until I was kindergarten. It's pretty neat how fast humans can adapt to something depending on how much they've been exposed to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment