Friday, November 7, 2014

In my virtual world class, we had a "scavenger hunt". It was a lot like what most scavenger hunts are like. You are given a list of things to find or do and you are given a specific time limit to check off those things. But unlike most scavenger hunts, ours asked us to answer a list of questions using the internet. It was amazing how many things you can find on the internet, a complete stranger's family. It's a little scary too. If I ever win the lottery or marry a movie star, someone could easily find my personal information, like my bank account, and take all my money. Or someone could find where I live, stalk me, then kidnap me for ransom. It's cool that we can learn about anything anytime, but it's a huge danger for our privacy too. The scavenger hunt we did was a real eye opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment